Does your kitchen need a major makeover? Instead of getting distracted by all the elements of a kitchen upgrade, focus your attention on areas that will make a significant difference visually, and that contribute to the everyday function and overall value of your home.
Six simple remodeling strategies that can significantly change your kitchen's appearance are:
- Go granite. If you want to improve cooking functionality, you can never go wrong with granite countertops. The surface is resilient for families, cool for baking, and naturally stunning. Talk to home improvement contractors about granite countertop installation for a dramatic difference in your kitchen. Companies like Granite & Marble Depot can offer more information.
- Remove cabinetry doors. If your kitchen has fallen prey to big, boxy cabinetry that looks like it's left over from the 80s, it is time for a change. Talk to a carpenter or contractor about removing the cabinet doors, giving the cabinets a new finish, and increasing storage capacity with a built-in organizational system.
- Replace the appliances. If you are ready to make a major investment in your home, it could be time to replace the appliances. Stainless steel is still the benchmark of a cook's kitchen, but you can also find great deals on used appliances from appliance retailers. Consider new and unique features, such as wall-ovens, cook-tops, and kitchen islands when remodeling.
- Invest in flooring. Your floors contribute far more to the overall look of your kitchen than you may realize. Torn or cracked flooring can also be a hazard, creating a risk of injury to anyone entering. Make the effort to refinish or restore old wood or concrete floors and consider distinctive laminates when cutting costs.
- Check out light fixtures. Make sure that the kitchen is bright and well-lit, which can foster an energized, positive vibe. It has been determined that poor lighting can make you feel sluggish, even blue, and poor lighting in the kitchen could be the cause of an accidental injury. Invest in LED ambient fixtures, as well as smaller task lights for various workspaces in the kitchen.
- Shut it up. California shutters installed by your building contractor will make a significant change in how your whole kitchen looks and feels. They also provide the practical function of helping protect the home during extreme weather conditions.
Depending on your allocated budget, these options vary in terms of feasibility. Make an honest assessment of your current kitchen to determine the element or elements that should be priority when remodeling and upgrading.
Want results fast? Use these six suggestions to make a significant improvement and drastic difference in your kitchen. Talk to home improvement and kitchen retailers for the best materials and suggestions to complete your kitchen makeover.